Monday, October 8, 2012

#* The Lays of Beleriand (The History of Middle-Earth, Vol. 3)






Produktinformation

  • Amazon-Verkaufsrang: #4768948 in Bücher
  • Anzahl der Produkte: 1
  • Abmessungen: 1.41" h x
    5.89" b x
    8.96" l,
    1.41 Pfund
  • Einband: Gebundene Ausgabe

Kundenrezensionen

Hilfreichste Kundenrezensionen

5 von 5 Kunden fanden die folgende Rezension hilfreich.
5Amazing!
Von olorin69@hotmail.com
Anything I say in this review could never do this book justice. Tolkien has done a wonderful job putting together these two long poems (The Lay of Leithian and The Lay of the Children of Hurin). Although neither of these poems was ever finished, it is their only flaw. The Lay of Lethian or perhaps better said as "The Gest of Beren One-hand and Luthien the Fay--Release From Bondage" is one of my favorite poems and anyone who loves rhyming couplets will really enjoy this poem. The Lay of the Children of Hurin is in an alliterative verse and occasionally makes for difficult reading, but it is still great all the same. I recommend this book to both Tolkien fans and poetry fans (especially Tennyson and Byron), I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as I do.

13 von 15 Kunden fanden die folgende Rezension hilfreich.
5Great in stile and very informative
Von Ein Kunde
I was wholly fascinated of the magnificent stile of this book, although I'm not a nativ English-speaker. I have read it aloud and each verse deserves it. The poems go to heart and, what's more, you get a lot of interesting facts about two major parts of Tokien's Silmarillion: The Story about Hurin and his ill-fated son Turin and the gest of Luthien and Beren, which is even better. At first I was frightened by the archaic english words, that I didn't know, but it is not as complicated as it seems to be. I would recommend it to EVERY reader who is capable of reading a bit of english. It is too great to be missed and the best work of the History of Middle-earth series I've read (in the monent 1-6, but I will soon start with 7). Anybody who would like to chat with me a bit about Tolkien is invited to mail me!

1 von 1 Kunden fanden die folgende Rezension hilfreich.
5A great addition to an already large Tolkien library
Von Ein Kunde
When I bought this book a few years ago, I thought it was an excellent resource for clarifying some points not covered in The Silmarillion. Tolkien was truly gifted .

All 7 Kundenrezensionen anzeigen ...


Kaufen The Lays of Beleriand (The History of Middle-Earth, Vol. 3)

This Page is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.de
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.

share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
#* The Lays of Beleriand (The History of Middle-Earth, Vol. 3) Reviewed by Lek on Monday, October 8, 2012 Rating: 4.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive