Wednesday, February 20, 2013

v Rebecca






Produktinformation

  • Amazon-Verkaufsrang: #3868879 in Bücher
  • Veröffentlicht am: 1999
  • Einband: Gebundene Ausgabe

Kundenrezensionen

Hilfreichste Kundenrezensionen

2 von 2 Kunden fanden die folgende Rezension hilfreich.
4LOVED IT!
Von nora
In reading a book, I know the author left an impact if I find myself missing the characters after turning the last page. Even though we were never told her name, the narrator is a character that lies inside many woman. She is a person they fear to be, the fear of losing ones personality in loving a man. Du Maurier clearly did a beautiful job in creating this character

2 von 2 Kunden fanden die folgende Rezension hilfreich.
4Classic Romance for every reader
Von Bragan Thomas
I've given this book four, rather than five stars because I haven't read many books which I thought were perfect. Even this one has its flaws (such as a rather pedestrian narrative style). But those flaws are minor in comparison to the truly compelling characters and gripping tale woven by Du Maurier. I only just recently read this for the first time and I was surprised to find that it was a much better read than I thought it would be. I love the Hitchcock movie and was worried that the book wouldn't be as good, but boy was I wrong! The suspense is chilling from the moment the new Mrs. De Winter arrives at Manderley. Du Maurier's greatest achievement is to have created a narrator who is so young and inexperienced that Rebecca (who of couse is never present in the novel) seems more alive than our heroine! In a way, the heroine (who remains unnamed, in what must be one of the master strokes of the novel) becomes more interesting as she, like Mrs. Danvers, becomes more and more obsessed with the dead Rebecca. The slight hint of a lesbian attachment between Rebecca and "Danny" adds spice to the otherwise conventional romance aspect of the novel. In fact, I found this story interesting as a tale of intimate relationships between women - even Maxim, the main male in the book fades into the background as Rebecca beomes more prominent in everyone's memory. I could not put this down and was glad to find that I liked it as much as the movie!

2 von 2 Kunden fanden die folgende Rezension hilfreich.
4An old-fashioned page turner.
Von Ein Kunde
As a middle-aged male, I am probably not the typical reader of "Rebecca". I raced through it in one weekend, careening through the many hair-pin turns that come one upon another in the last third of the book. The reviewers who complain of the slow pace of the first third should understand that the groundwork must be laid for the excitement to follow. I had to force myself to slow down so as to savor Ms. Du Maurier's enchanting descriptive writing style (being a gardener helps one appreciate the descriptions) . I must differ with all those who state that the main character remained un-named throughout the book. The main character was named... "Manderley".

All 192 Kundenrezensionen anzeigen ...


Kaufen Rebecca

This Page is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.de
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.

share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
v Rebecca Reviewed by Lek on Wednesday, February 20, 2013 Rating: 4.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive