Wednesday, January 2, 2013

» The Art of Hitting .300






Produktinformation

  • Anzahl der Produkte: 1
  • Einband: Gebundene Ausgabe

Kundenrezensionen

Hilfreichste Kundenrezensionen

2 von 2 Kunden fanden die folgende Rezension hilfreich.
5Zen and the art of Charlie Lau
Von R. Cruz
I read this book while I was in high school, and I must say that this book became an incredible source of enlightenment. Mr. Lau breaks down the basics (mechanics and drills) which are all fundamentally sound. But it is when Mr. Lau presents the mindset of his methods, is where the heart of this book lies. After following his teachings, not only did I have the best year in my high school career, but I am adapting his teaching to my Little League team (rookie coach this year). Of course, everyone will receive their own lessons from his words, as everyone has his or her own style of hitting. But this book is worth reading, as you will find a lot to learn. I bow to Mr. Lau, has he is truly a 'sensei' of the baseball world.

2 von 2 Kunden fanden die folgende Rezension hilfreich.
5The best hitting book I have ever read.
Von Ein Kunde
Any player confused by batting cage myths and theories ought to definetely consider reading this masterpiece. It breaks down the 10 Absolutes to good hitting in an easy-to-understand text,features hitter analyses, and is full of pictures to refer back to. Not only does it deal with the actual mechanics(the Absolutes)but it deals with the mental side of hitting including dreaded but inevitable slumps.This book changed my entire hitting "career" and raised my batting average from .132 in '97 to .418 in '98. I am now a freshman in high school(1999)and the starting left fielder on varsity at 5'6",145 and it's not for my defense.I couldn't dream of this 2 years ago until Lau showed me how to get the most out of my body. This is the best hitting book I have ever read.

1 von 1 Kunden fanden die folgende Rezension hilfreich.
5The best book about how to hit a baseball ever written.
Von Emily Glossbrenner
I am the author of this book, but I did not write it. Charlie did that. I was blessed with the ability to draw out Charlie's incredible wisdom and to put it into a structure and into words that everyone can understand. I came up with the concept of "The Ten Absolutes of Good Hitting," but only after I looked at what Charlie had said about all successful hitters doing the same things. (Movement in the stance, literally seeing the ball, etc.)

George Brett, one of the sweetest guys you'd ever want to know, posed for many of the pictures. But there are photos and Charlie's analysis of great hitters of the past as well. (We sat in what was Billy Martin's office in the Yankee locker room at the time. I'd pass Charlie a pic of a baseball great, and he would, without a pause, detail the guy's hitting strengths and weaknesses. It was incredible.)

Put it this way: I have written over 50 books and in some circles am considered a computer and Internet/online expert. B! ut at my 25th college reunion, the only book my classmates knew of was this one.

-- Alfred Glossbrenner

[Shameless plug: Amazon carries many of my books, so do an author search. Among other things, you will find a book all about Web search engines from Peachpit Press.]

All 3 Kundenrezensionen anzeigen ...


Kaufen The Art of Hitting .300

This Page is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.de
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.

share this article to: Facebook Twitter Google+ Linkedin Technorati Digg
» The Art of Hitting .300 Reviewed by Lek on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 Rating: 4.5

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive